Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Incision

I am not dealing with this incision very well mentally.  I can change the dressings ok, but having to put the ointment on it is really freaking me out.  I can't really tell if the incision is healing because of the dead tissue built up on top of it.  The ointment I am putting on is supposed to "eat" the dead tissue away.  It is a pretty slow eater apparently.  I can't stand to deal with it.  I should of had them sign me up for the visiting nurse service.  I may end up having to go the hospital to have them clean all the dead stuff off.  I am worried that the wound is tunneling underneath the dead stuff.  I have seen some pretty nasty sores and wounds working at the nursing home but it seems different and freakier when it is on me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment